Observing System Data Access
Open and timely access to data is critical to advance CLIVAR’s objectives for climate research, assessments and prediction. To inform the scientific community about the availability of key ocean data sets, and to encourage their utilization for CLIVAR purposes, the CLIVAR Global Synthesis and Observations Panel (GSOP) solicited data access statements from several elements of the sustained observing system. These programs have shown leadership in formulating protocols that adhere to the core principles of CLIVAR’s data policy. The statements, which include information on measurement platforms, real-time and delayed mode data streams, quality control procedures, and web site links for acquiring the data, are listed below.
- Argo (pdf, version 24 March 2008)
- XBTs (pdf, version 24 March 2008)
- Tide gauges (pdf, version 07 March 2005)
- Global Drifter Program (pdf, version 24 March 2008)
- Tropical Moored Buoy Arrays (pdf, version 24 March 2008)
- Repeat Hydrography and Carbon (pdf, version 24 March 2008)