CLIVAR Call for Intern
CLIVAR (http://www.clivar.org/) is a Core Project of the World Climate Research Progamme (http://www.wcrp-climate.org/) dedicated to understanding the role of the oceans in the variability, predictability and change of climate. The International CLIVAR Project Office serves as the executive arm of the CLIVAR Scientific Steering Group and its panels and Research Foci groups. The ICPO has been hosted by the First Institute of Oceanography, Ministry of Natural Resources in Qingdao, China since 2014.
Duties and responsibilities of the ICPO Intern
The ICPO intern will have the following key responsibilities:
- Assist to organize the online and hybrid workshops, mainly being responsible for the maintaining and update of the event page and the “virtual poster session” page, the test and organization of a ZOOM call, etc.
- Assist in proofreading and typesetting for CLIVAR Science magazine, i.e., CLIVAR Exchanges;
- Assist in the advocacy of CLIVAR activities and the production of CLIVAR promotional materials.
- Undergraduate / Graduate student in oceanography or other climate-related science
- Fluent in both spoken and written English;
- Good Word, Excel, Powerpoint skills;
- Experience in using Adobe InDesign and Premiere;
- Excellent learning ability;
- Be familiar with online meeting tools, especially ZOOM.
Applications should include: (i) a Curriculum Vitae; (ii) a covering letter explaining why you are interested in the post, and outlining the skills and experience you feel you, the candidate, could bring to CLIVAR.
Your application should be sent to Dr. Jose Santos (email@example.com)
The closing date for applications is 10 September, 2022.
The monthly subsidy of the ICPO intern will be up to a maximum of ￥1,500, depending on the qualifications.
The length of the internship will be 4 months. It is expected that the successful candidate would take up his/her appointment from 20 September 2022.