CLIVAR Call for Intern
CLIVAR (http://www.clivar.org/) is a Core Project of the World Climate Research Progamme ((http://www.wcrp-climate.org/) dedicated to understanding the role of the oceans in the variability, predictability and change of climate. Each of the Core Projects has an International Project Office that acts as an extension of the WCRP Joint Planning Staff, which has the overall responsibility for all the WCRP Core Projects. The International CLIVAR Global Project Office (ICGPO) is one of several “nodes” of the International CLIVAR Project Office (ICPO) that together serve as the executive arm of the CLIVAR Scientific Steering Group and its panels and Research Foci groups. The ICGPO has been based at First Institute of Oceanography, State Oceanographic Administration; Qingdao, China since 2014.
Duties and responsibilities of the ICGPO Intern
The ICGPO intern assists the ICPO Executive Director and ICPO staff to ensure that the ICPO provides an effective executive arm of the CLIVAR Scientific Steering Group (SSG), its panels and Research Foci groups.
The ICGPO intern will have the following key responsibilities:
- Support ICGPO on all matter related to the organization of the IV International Conference in ENSO, to be held in Ecuador on October, 2018
- Support ICGPO in the preparation of articles and graphical input to CLIVAR and WCRP publications and websites.
- Assist the Executive Director as needed.
- Undergraduate / Graduate student in oceanography or other climate-related science
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Spanish;
- Good Word, Excel, Powerpoint skills;
- Experience in organizing logistical aspects of meetings
- Webpage management skills;
Applications should include: (i) a Curriculum Vitae; (ii) a covering letter explaining why you are interested in the post, and outlining the skills and experience you feel you, the candidate, could bring to CLIVAR.
The contact person to which applications should be sent is:
Dr. Jose Santos
International CLIVAR Global Project Office
First Institute of Oceanography, SOA
6 Xianxialing Road,
Qingdao 266061, P.R. China
Tel: +86-532-8896 3733
The closing date for applications is 20 Dec, 2017.
The monthly subsidy of the ICGPO intern will be up to a maximum of $US 1000, depending on the qualifications.
Airplane tickets from his/her city/country of origin to Qingdao will be covered.
The length of the internship will be 6 months. It is expected that the successful candidate would take up his/her appointment, located in Qingdao from April, 2018.