WCRP Sea Level 2022: Advancing Science, Connecting Society
Call for abstracts and registration to the Sea Level 2022 Conference are now open.
|Deadline for abstract submission: 15th March 2022||Early-bird registration ends on 1st April 2022.|
The WCRP Seal Level 2022 Conference will be organized from 12 to 16 July 2022, in a hybrid format with onsite participation in Singapore. The conference will provide an opportunity to share the present status and future of climate-related sea-level research with a strong focus on the application of sea-level science for adaptation and stakeholder needs. Given the critical need for risk assessment and coastal adaptation, it will include direct participation by a global cross-section of both leading sea level researchers and adaptation practitioners. The conference will feature a robust conversation between these communities to inform efforts to bridge science and society at this critical moment.
There are six themes covered by this conference:
- Paleo sea-level and glacial isostatic adjustment
- Quantifying the contribution of land ice to near-future sea level rise
- Sea level budget
- Coastal sea level variability
- Progress and challenges for regional sea level, including projections and applications
- The use of science and translation on planning, risk management, adaptation action and practices in small island nations and large cities.
The Conference will include participation on-site but will also utilise state-of-the-art remote participation options to ensure inclusion and engagement.
With the support of: