15th Session of CLIVAR/CliC/SCAR Southern Ocean Region Panel
The 15th session of CLIVAR/CliC/SCAR Southern Ocean Region Panel (SORP) will be held on 10 July at AWI, Potsdam, and 11 July 2023 at the Messe Berlin - City Cube, Berlin, Germany as a side event of the 28th General Assembly of the IUGG.
This is the first in-person meeting of SORP after the pandemic, will introduce members, plan future activities, meet with other CLIVAR groups, and discuss other panel businesses.
Day 1: The Alfred Wegener Institute's research centre in Potsdam. We sincerely thank AWI for their kind support on the room and facilities.
HOW TO GET TO Telegraphenberg, Potsdam
- Train ride (metro line S7) from Berlin to Potsdam main station, https://sbahn.berlin/en/route-map/
- 20 min walk to Telegraphenberg:
- On Telegraphenberg
- Building A45S, 2nd floor, Room S301, 30 seats, reserved from 8am to 8pm
- Building A45N, 2nd floor, Room N306, 15 seats, reserved from 8am to 1pm
Day 2: Messe Berlin - City Cube.The room allocation will be done after the IUGG program finalization.
HOW TO GET TO City Cube, Berlin
- 3 min walk from S-Bahn (metro) station “Messe Süd” (lines S3 & S9, zone “B”)
- You may also walk (16 min) from metro station “Messe Nord” (lines S41, S42 & S46, “ring lines”, zone “A”)
- Room R13, level 3
On the first day, SORP will have a half-day meeting, and then meet with NORP to discuss the joint activities.
On the second day, SORP will have a full-day meeting. There is a plan to have a cross panel discussion among CLIVAR SORP, NORP and OMDP panels.
The draft agenda for SORP-15 is available here.
Participant: Invited only, the invitation letter will be sent out in late March or early April.
Please see this link for traveling information.
Please see this page for accommodation information.
Citizens from some countries may need a Schengen VISA to travel to the EU, please refer here for VISA application.
If you don't plan to submit an abstract to the IUGG meeting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the invitation letter.
If you attend the SORP-15 only, you don't need to register.