CLIVAR Atlantic Region Panel Telecon organised in July
The CLIVAR Atlantic Region Panel (ARP) telecon was organised on 18 July 2022, with the participation of Eleanor Frajka-Williams, Regina Rodrigues, Jennifer Veicht, Olga Sato, Kemgang Ghomsi Franck Eitel, Ingo Richter, Gregory Foltz, Susan Bates, Dariia Atamanchuk and Jing Li (ICPO).
The meeting covered the following items during the discussions: report from the CLIVAR SSG-27 Meeting; report from the Working Groups; ARP Blog; updates on the CLIVAR-FIO Summer School on ‘Ocean Macroturbulence and its role in Earth’s Climate' and CLIVAR-GOOS Workshop: 'From global to coastal: Cultivating new solutions and partnerships for an enhanced Ocean Observing System in a decade of accelerating change' and updates on the CLIVAR Exchanges special issue on Tropical Atlantic Ocean Observing System (TAOS).
The major uptakes from the meeting are:
- The CLIVAR AMOC Task Team will resume for a meeting in early September.
- ARP members showed their interest in establishing the ARP blog on the CLIVAR website, by refering to the JAMSTEC blog, and with the contribution from ARP members as well as invited guests.
- Members of three ARP Working Groups were encouraged to communicate among themselves and co-develop activities.
- Several ARP members expressed their interest in helping with editing the CLIVAR Exchanges articles for TAOS.
- ARP members will provide inputs to the EBUS manuscript and TBI WG3-Observation documents.