2022 Sea Level Conference Preparation Telecon held on Sep. 27
A preparation telecon for 2022 Sea Level Conference was organized on 27 September 2021, with the participation of representatives from WCRP Sea Level Grand Challenge, local organizers and ICPO. The telecon mainly focused on four issues: timings, schedule, budget and website, with the major uptakes summarized as below:
- New timing for the conference is 9:00 am to 13:00 pm and 15:00 – 19:00 pm, GMT+8, and try to get all speakers to Singapore. The practitioner day may be handled differently. The tentative arrangement for opening ceremony is about 2 hours and the within conference events in Singapore are to be discussed.
- The frontpage of the conference website was completed by the Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) and circulated to the committee for comments. More feedings are needed before launching the conference website.
- The translation cost is very expensive. Jose suggested considering the close caption with human expert involved as an alternative option which will be much cheaper than the simultaneous translation.
- The funding proposal to be submitted to US CLIVAR is being finalized, and other sources of funding are to be added in the proposal. Meanwhile, it is also necessary to confirm the funding support from WCRP.
- The next telecon will be organized on 19 October 2021.