2022 Sea Level Conference Preparation Meeting on Jan. 10
Submitted by Jing Li on Wed, 2022-01-12 02:20
A preparation teleconference for the 2022 Sea Level Conference was organized on 10th January 2022, with the participation of the WCRP Sea Level Grand Challenge (GC) co-chairs and members, local organizers and event service provider, as well as staff from ICPO. The main issues covered by the telecon were on the registration and abstract submission systems, with the outcomes as follows:
- WCRP should be highlighted in banner of the registration system as well as the logos of other sponsors;
- The registration and abstract submission system should be released urgently. The deadline for abstract submission is currently scheduled for the middle of March. While, the registration system could remain open until the start of the conference;
- The abstract submission should be embedded into the registration system, with the link and the deadline for the abstract submission available;
- The definition of Early Career Scientists (ECS) should be clearly indicated in the registration system. PhD students should also be included in the ECS definition. The supporting document for ECS could be diploma, student ID or certificate from supervisors;
- The balance sheet of the conference should be maintained and updated, with the consideration of all possible expenditures (including the increased GST) and incomes.
- The next telecon will be organized on Jan. 18 to finalized the registration system.