CLIVAR AMOC Task Team
The objective of establishing the international AMOC Task Team under CLIVAR is to facilitate communication, promote international cooperation, and support continuing AMOC research and infrastructures, towards addressing ongoing, pressing science priorities. These have already been defined by the international community (i.e., US AMOC Science Team, UK RAPID_AMOC, OSNAP, SAMOC, AtlantOS, TAOS, etc.).
Terms of References
- To promote and coordinate international collaborations amongst observational and modeling studies
- To coordinate international workshops on AMOC science & impact topics (2023?)
- To produce a summary report with identified priorities of the AMOC community.
- To improve data and product distribution from AMOC programs
- To develop strategies for cost-effective, sustained monitoring of the AMOC (through an assessment of the observing system using Observation System Simulation Experiments (OSSEs)
|Eleanor Frajka-Williams||National Oceanography Centre (NOC)||UK||Co-chair|
|Eric Chassignet||Florida State University||USA||Co-chair|
|Maria Paz Chidichimo||Argentine Scientific Research Council (CONICET)||Argentine||Member|
|Gokhan Danabasoglu||National Center For Atmospheric Research (NCAR)||USA||Member|
|Brad deYoung||Memorial University||Canada||Member|
|Laura Jackson||Met Office||UK||Member|
|Helen Pillar||The University of Texas at Austin||USA||Member|
|Sabrina Speich||Laboratoire de Météorologie Dynamique/Institut Pierre-Simon Laplace (LMD/IPSL) | OOPC||France||Member|
|Rong Zhang||NOAA GFDL||USA||Member|
|Paquita Zuidema||University of Miami||USA||Member|
|Mike Patterson||US CLIVAR Project Office||USA|
|Meric Srokosz||National Oceanography Centre (NOC)||UK|
Workshop on Meeting AMOC Observation Needs in a Changing Climate (18-20 July 2023, Hamburg, Germany) - New!
- Quantify the value of AMOC observing.
- Define a collective set of observational priorities.
- Outline a roadmap for future AMOC observing.
2nd CLIVAR AMOC Task Team Telecon (7 September 2022)
- Report back from recent AMOC related meetings and projects (US AMOC ST meeting, EuroSea/OceanPredict Workshop, Royal Society Meeting on AMOC, AAORIA Meeting, OSNAP Steering Commitee meeting, AtlantOS AMOC Task Team, SAMOC, etc.)
- Overview of new projects (ECOP; TiPES)
- Plans for the future (List of AMOC related activities; a workshop on optimizing AMOC observations, blog posts, etc.)
1st CLIVAR AMOC Task Team Telecon (1 April 2021)
- Welcome Task Team members on board
- Introducing the background and Terms of References
- Discussion on future activities