Western Indian Ocean Regional Training Workshop Logistic Guidelines
CLIVAR IORP/POGO Regional Training Workshop on Observing the Coastal and Marginal Seas in the Western Indian Ocean
Logistic Guidelines (Download)
1. For in-person participation in Maputo, Mozambique
- A minibus will be provided by the workshop for transportation. Please wait for the bus at 8:00 am in front of your hotel.
- Lunches will be provided by the local host institute
- It is easy to get a taxi outside the airport (yellow taxi cub) and will cost around 500-800 MN (8-15 USD)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate or Certificate showing a negative COVID-19 test result not older than 72 hours from the time of departure
- Wear mask
- Practice social distancing
Participants who need a visa will apply for a border visa at the airport (~50 US$). A list with your names will be with the authorities there, based on the following documents you have provided to email@example.com:
- Copy of passport
- Hotel booking
- Flight itinerary
The local organiser should already help you obtain an invitation letter issued by the local host organization and a visa authorisation letter issued by Mozambique authority after receiving your documentation. You need to show them in the airport together with all the documents listed above. Remember to bring hard copies.
Mr. Ivan Suege
Mr. Bernardino Malauene
2. For virtual participation
We’re using GoToMeeting for virtual participation. If this is your first time to connect via this platform, here are the guidelines that you can refer to. It will take you a few minutes to download the GoTo app or web browser plug-in. Please also make sure to have your devices tested and ready beforehand the workshop.
Meeting ID: 893-006-221
Livestream: https://fb.me/e/2zNExyYXU (Facebook)
For any further questions and assistance regarding virtual participation, please reach our IT support Ms Qian Zhao (firstname.lastname@example.org).