Northern Terms of Reference
- Facilitate progress in the development of tools and methods to monitor and assess climate variability and change, and evaluate climate predictability of the ocean-atmosphere-ice system in the Arctic and Subarctic Ocean.
- Identify opportunities and coordinated strategies to implement these methods, spanning observations, models, and process studies.
- Provide scientific and technical input into international research coordination, collaborating as required with other relevant programs.
- Monitor and evaluate progress in Arctic Ocean research, and identify gaps.
- Work with relevant agencies on the standardization, distribution, and archiving of Arctic Ocean observations.