CLIVAR Global Synthesis and Observations Panel (GSOP) teleconference in July
The CLIVAR Global Synthesis and Observations Panel (GSOP) held a teleconference on 21st July, 2020, chaired by Andrea Storto and Steven R. Jayne, and with the participation of Nathalie Zilberman, Shuhei Masuda, Louis Clement, Peter Oke, Lijing Cheng, François Counillon, Ken Ando, and Jose Santos from the ICPO.
Main points discussed during the teleconference are:
- The new members Shuhei, Louis, and Peter self-introduced their expertise and the current activities they are involved in.
- The group discussed some possible future activities of GSOP, which could merge the diverse expertise (observation technologies, data assimilation, reanalyses, objective analyses).
- Jose presented the strategy behind the new structure of WCRP and the implications for CLIVAR.
- With many members rotated off last year, the group also discussed possible nominations of new members.
- Jose presented the initial draft of the program of the panClivar meeting (scheduled for beginning of May 2021 in Trieste, Italy), which is expected to host also the next GSOP panel meeting.
- The next teleconference is scheduled in September.