8th Session of the CLIVAR Pacific Panel
Li Jiang, Yun Nan, China
Tuesday, 9 July, 2013 - Thursday, 11 July, 2013
The 8th Session of the Pacific Panel took place on 9-11 July 2013, in Lijiang, China, immediately after the WCRP/CLIVAR Second International Symposium on Boundary Current dynamics, and jointly with the 10th Session of the CLIVAR/IOC-GOOS Indian Ocean Panel.
The final agenda can be found here.
- PICES and IMBER activities - S. Minobe
- Opening to the South East Pacific - C. Morales
- Fast Warming in the Northwestern Pacific Ocean-Contribution by Modulation of Annual Cycle - X. Lin
- The response of the tropical circulation to global warming - S-P. Xie
- Changes in the El Nino's spatial structure under global warming - S-W. Yeh
- Updates on ENSO task team and recent ENSO in a warming climate - M. Collins
- Ability of CMIP5 models to simulate ENSO (as compared to CMIP3) and the main biases in terms of atmospheric feedbacks - M. Lengaigne
- The recent classic and Modoki ENSO workshops - M. McPhaden
- A recent warm pool workshop - A. Singh
- PACCSAP capacity building activities: What the PICs really want and need? - A. Ngari and A. Singh
- WESTPAC and collaborations with UNESCO/IOC - K. Ando