Ocean Model Development Panel (OMDP)
|CLIVAR Open Science Conference||Qingdao||China||
2016-09-18 to 2016-09-25
|3rd Session of the CLIVAR Ocean Model Development Panel||Qingdao||China||
2016-09-17 to 2016-09-18
|Workshop on high-resolution ocean modelling for coupled seamless predictions||Exeter||UK||
2016-04-13 to 2016-04-15
|2nd Session of OMDP - 'Extended' Meeting on Forcing Ocean-Ice Climate Models||Yokohama||Japan||
2016-01-14 to 2016-01-15
|CLIVAR/JAMSTEC Workshop on the Kuroshio Current and Extension System: Theory, Observations, and Ocean Climate Modelling||Yokohama||Japan||
2016-01-12 to 2016-01-13
OMDP Panel Members
|G. Danabasoglu (1, 5)||Co-Chair||2016||National Center for Atmospheric Research||USA|
|S. Marsland (2)||Co-Chair||2017||CSIRO||Australia|
|J. Le Sommer||Member||2017||LGGE, CNRS||France|
|T. Ringler||Member||2017||Los Alamos National Laboratory||USA|
|M. Bentsen||Member||2017||Uni Climate, Uni Research Ltd||Norway|
|H. Hewitt||Member||2017||Met Office Hadley Centre||UK|
|Baylor Fox Kemper||Member||2018||Brown Uni.||USA|
|E. Curchitser||Member||2017||Rutgers University||USA|
|C. Böning||Ex officio||GEOMAR||Germany|
|A. M. Treguier||Ex officio||IFREMER||France|
|E. Chassignet (7,8)||Ex officio||Florida State University||USA|
|S. Griffies (6)||Ex officio||NOAA/GFDL||USA|
|H. Tsujino (9)||Ex officio||JMA/MRI||Japan|
|G. Nurser||Ex officio||National Oceanography Center||UK|
Information on other activities where OMDP members are serving:
1 - Chair of the US CLIVAR AMOC Science Team
2 - Member of WCRP Working Group on Coupled Modelling and OMDP representative on WGNE/WGCM Climate Model Metrics Panel (WCMMP)
3 - Co-Principal Investigator of the Arctic Ocean Model Intercomparison Project (AOMIP)
5 - US CLIVAR Climate Process Team (CPTs)
6 - CLIVAR Scientific Steering Group (SSG)
7 - Global Ocean Data Assimilation Experiment (GODAE)
8 - Member of CLIVAR Atlantic Region Panel
9 - Lead developer of JRA55-based surface atmospheric data set for driving ocean-sea ice models
The ICPO contact for the CLIVAR Ocean Model Development Panel is Lei Han.
Publications and Documents
Terms of Reference
1. To stimulate the development of ocean models for research in climate and related fields.
2. To encourage investigations of the effects of model formulation on the results of ocean models, making use of sensitivity studies and intercomparisons.
3. To promote interaction amongst the ocean modelling community and between this and other communities through workshops and other activities.
4. To stimulate the validation of ocean models when used in stand alone mode and as part of a coupled ocean-atmosphere model, using oceanographic data and other methods, and to advise on the observational requirements of such studies.
5. To publicise developments in ocean models amongst the climate modelling community.
6. To collaborate with other activities in areas of overlapping responsibility.
7. To advise on ocean modelling and related issues and to report on its activities to the CLIVAR Scientific Steering Group and the CLIVAR co-chair of WGCM.