Ocean Model Development Panel (OMDP)
|CLIVAR Open Science Conference||Qingdao||China||
2016-09-18 to 2016-09-25
|Workshop on high-resolution ocean modelling for coupled seamless predictions||Exeter||UK||
2016-04-13 to 2016-04-15
|2nd Session of OMDP - 'Extended' Meeting on Forcing Ocean-Ice Climate Models||Yokohama||Japan||
2016-01-14 to 2016-01-15
|CLIVAR/JAMSTEC Workshop on the Kuroshio Current and Extension System: Theory, Observations, and Ocean Climate Modelling||Yokohama||Japan||
2016-01-12 to 2016-01-13
|ICTP - CLIVAR School on Ocean Climate Modelling: Physical and Biogeochemical Dynamics of Semi- Enclosed Seas||Ankara||Turkey||
2015-09-24 to 2015-10-01
OMDP Panel Members
|G. Danabasoglu (1, 5)||Co-Chair||2016||National Center for Atmospheric Research||USA|
|S. Marsland (2)||Co-Chair||2017||CSIRO, CAWCR||Australia|
|E. Curchitser||Member||2015||Rutgers University||USA|
|M. Winton (5)||Member||2016||Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Lab., NOAA||USA|
|D. Holland (3)||Member||2015||Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, New York University||USA|
|G. Nurser||Member||2015||National Oceanography Center||UK|
|J. Le Sommer||Member||2017||Laboratoire de Glaciologie et Géophysique de l’Environnement||France|
|T. Ringler||Member||2017||Los Alamos National Laboratory||USA|
|M. Bentsen||Member||2017||Norwegian Meteorological Institute||Norway|
|H. Hewitt||Member||2017||Met Office Hadley Centre||UK|
|C. Böning||Ex officio||GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research||Germany|
|A. M. Treguier||Ex officio||Laboratoire de Physique de Océans, IFREMER||France|
|E. Chassignet (7)||Ex officio||Florida State University||USA|
|R. Greatbatch||Ex officio||GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research||Germany|
|S. Griffies (6)||Ex officio||NOAA/GFDL||USA|
Information on other activities where OMDP members are serving:
1 - Chair of the US CLIVAR AMOC Science Team
2 - OMDP representative on WCRP Climate Model Metrics Panel (WCMMP), and the WCRP Working Group on Coupled Modelling
3 - Co-Principal Investigator of the Arctic Ocean Model Intercomparison Project (AOMIP)
5 - US CLIVAR Climate Process Team (CPTs)
6 - CLIVAR Scientific Steering Group (SSG)
7 - Global Ocean Data Assimilation Experiment (GODAE)
The ICPO contact for the CLIVAR Ocean Model Development Panel is Anna Pirani.
Publications and Documents
Terms of Reference
1. To stimulate the development of ocean models for research in climate and related fields.
2. To encourage investigations of the effects of model formulation on the results of ocean models, making use of sensitivity studies and intercomparisons.
3. To promote interaction amongst the ocean modelling community and between this and other communities through workshops and other activities.
4. To stimulate the validation of ocean models when used in stand alone mode and as part of a coupled ocean-atmosphere model, using oceanographic data and other methods, and to advise on the observational requirements of such studies.
5. To publicise developments in ocean models amongst the climate modelling community.
6. To collaborate with other activities in areas of overlapping responsibility.
7. To advise on ocean modelling and related issues and to report on its activities to the CLIVAR Scientific Steering Group and the CLIVAR co-chair of WGCM.