Participants of the CLIVAR Ocean Model Development Panel at their 4th session - October 9-12, 2017, Exeter, UK.
Ocean Model Development Panel (OMDP)
|CLIVAR-FIO Joint Summer School in 2018||Qingdao||China||
2018-06-25 to 2018-07-07
|5th International Conference on Reanalysis||Rome||Italy||
2017-11-13 to 2017-11-17
|4th Session of the CLIVAR Ocean Model Development Panel||Exeter||UK||
2017-10-09 to 2017-10-12
|Pan-WCRP modelling meeting||Exeter||UK||
2017-10-09 to 2017-10-13
|2017 CFMIP Meeting on Clouds, Precipitation, Circulation, and Climate Sensitivity||Tokyo||Japan||
2017-09-25 to 2017-09-28
OMDP Panel Members
|Simon Marsland (2)||Co-Chair||2019||CSIRO||Australia|
|Baylor Fox Kemper||Co-Chair||2021||Brown Uni.||USA|
|Mats Bentsen||Member||2019||Uni Climate, Uni Research Ltd||Norway|
|Helene Hewitt||Member||2019||Met Office Hadley Centre||UK|
|Ivonne Montes||Member||2019||Instituto Geofísico del Perú||Peru|
|Enrique Curchitser||Member||2019||Rutgers University||USA|
|Julien Le Sommer||Member||2019||LGGE, CNRS||France|
|Todd Ringler||Member||2019||Los Alamos National Laboratory||USA|
|Alistair Adcroft||Member||2020||Princeton University||USA|
|Hiroyuki Tsujino (9)||Emeritus||JMA/MRI||Japan|
|Gokhan Danabasoglu (1, 5)||Emeritus||National Center for Atmospheric Research||USA|
|George Nurser||Emeritus||National Oceanography Center||UK|
|Anne Marie Treguier||Emeritus||IFREMER||France|
|Eric Chassignet (7,8)||Emeritus||Florida State University||USA|
Information on other activities where OMDP members are serving:
1 - Chair of the US CLIVAR AMOC Science Team
2 - Member of WCRP Working Group on Coupled Modelling and OMDP representative on WGNE/WGCM Climate Model Metrics Panel (WCMMP)
5 - US CLIVAR Climate Process Team (CPTs)
6 - CLIVAR Scientific Steering Group (SSG)
7 - Global Ocean Data Assimilation Experiment (GODAE)
8 - Member of CLIVAR Atlantic Region Panel
The ICPO contact for the CLIVAR Ocean Model Development Panel is Lei Han.
Publications and Documents
Terms of Reference
1. To stimulate the development of ocean models for research in climate and related fields.
2. To encourage investigations of the effects of model formulation on the results of ocean models, making use of sensitivity studies and intercomparisons.
3. To promote interaction amongst the ocean modelling community and between this and other communities through workshops and other activities.
4. To stimulate the validation of ocean models when used in stand alone mode and as part of a coupled ocean-atmosphere model, using oceanographic data and other methods, and to advise on the observational requirements of such studies.
5. To publicise developments in ocean models amongst the climate modelling community.
6. To collaborate with other activities in areas of overlapping responsibility.
7. To advise on ocean modelling and related issues and to report on its activities to the CLIVAR Scientific Steering Group and the CLIVAR co-chair of WGCM.