Ocean Model Development Panel (OMDP)
OMDP Panel Members
|G. Danabasoglu (1, 5)||Co-Chair||2014||National Center for Atmospheric Research||USA|
|H. Drange||Co-Chair||2014||University of Bergen||Norway|
|E. Curchitser||Member||2015||Rutgers University||USA|
|M. Winton (5)||Member||2014||Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Lab., NOAA||USA|
|S. Marsland (2)||Member||2014||CSIRO, CAWCR||Australia|
|H. Johnson||Member||2014||Dept of Earth Science, University of Oxford||UK|
|D. Holland (3)||Member||2015||Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, New York University||USA|
|G. Nurser||Member||2015||National Oceanography Center||UK|
|C. Böning||Ex officio||GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research||Germany|
|A. M. Treguier (4)||Ex officio||Laboratoire de Physique de Océans, IFREMER||France|
|E. Chassignet (7)||Ex officio||Florida State University||USA|
|R. Greatbatch||Ex officio||GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research||Germany|
|H. Banks||Ex officio||UK Met Office||UK|
|S. Griffies (6)||Ex officio||NOAA/GFDL||USA|
Information on other activities where OMDP members are serving:
1 - Member of US CLIVAR AMOC Program Executive Committee
2 - OMDP representative on WCRP Climate Model Metrics Panel (WCMMP)
3 - Co-Principal Investigator of the Arctic Ocean Model Intercomparison Project (AOMIP)
4 - Member of the CLIVAR Atlantic Implementation Panel (AIP)
5 - US CLIVAR Climate Process Team (CPTs)
6 - CLIVAR Scientific Steering Group (SSG)
7 - Global Ocean Data Assimilation Experiment (GODAE)
The ICPO contact for the CLIVAR Ocean Model Development Panel is Anna Pirani.
Publications and Documents
Terms of Reference
1. To stimulate the development of ocean models for research in climate and related fields.
2. To encourage investigations of the effects of model formulation on the results of ocean models, making use of sensitivity studies and intercomparisons.
3. To promote interaction amongst the ocean modelling community and between this and other communities through workshops and other activities.
4. To stimulate the validation of ocean models when used in stand alone mode and as part of a coupled ocean-atmosphere model, using oceanographic data and other methods, and to advise on the observational requirements of such studies.
5. To publicise developments in ocean models amongst the climate modelling community.
6. To collaborate with other activities in areas of overlapping responsibility.
7. To advise on ocean modelling and related issues and to report on its activities to the CLIVAR Scientific Steering Group and the CLIVAR co-chair of WGCM.