International CLIVAR Project Office
The International CLIVAR Project Office (ICPO) is responsible for the co-ordination of the scientific and administrative aspects of the CLIVAR programme, under the oversight of the SSG.
The specific tasks of the ICPO are:
- Development of data management system for CLIVAR.
- Supervision of the international co-ordination and execution of the Implementation Plan.
- Establishment of working groups and panels for specific parts of the CLIVAR programme and organisation of annual meetings of these groups. Publication of meetings reports and other material relevant to the CLIVAR programme.
- Representation of the programmes at scientific conferences and other international fora through scientific presentations and exhibitions.
- Distribution of information and recommendations to international, national and regional sponsors and funders of CLIVAR related research.
- Distribution of relevant scientific information to the CLIVAR community.
Scientific Steering Group
The Scientific Steering Group (SSG) is a select group of scientists that oversees the implementation of CLIVAR science and reports progress to the Joint Scientific Committee (JSC) of the World Climate Research Programme (WCRP). The members of the SSG are all leaders in their respective fields, which are relevant to CLIVAR science. The scientific expertise of the SSG covers all CLIVAR research areas. Membership of the SSG is rotated; initial terms of service are for two years. However, extension beyond this timeframe is possible. The CLIVAR SSG meets annually and includes members of the SSG and representatives of each of the CLIVAR panels (typically panel chairs).