- The Science
- CLIVAR Research Foci
- CLIVAR Imperatives
- CLIVAR Endorsed Projects & Activities
- CLIVAR Objectives
- CLIVAR Successes
- WCRP Science
- Panels and Working Groups
- PAGES/CLIVAR Intersection Working Group
- CCl/CLIVAR/JCOMM Expert Team on Climate Change Detection and Indices (ETCCDI)
- Global Synthesis and Observations Panel (GSOP)
- WGCM/CLIVAR Working Group on Ocean Model Development (WGOMD)
- Asian-Australian Monsoon Panel (AAMP)
- Atlantic Implementation Panel (AIP)
- CLIVAR-GEWEX Africa Climate Panel (ACP)
- CLIVAR/IOC-GOOS Indian Ocean Panel (IOP)
- Pacific Panel (PP)
- CLIVAR/CliC/SCAR Southern Ocean Panel (SOP)
- Variability of the American Monsoon Systems (VAMOS)
- National Programmes
- Job opportunities
- Early Career Scientists
CLIVAR-GEWEX Africa Climate Panel (ACP)
News and Highlights
- Africa Climate Conference 2013 - 15-18 October 2013, Arusha, Tanzania - Registration and the call for abstracts is open!
- The CLIVAR-GEWEX Africa Climate Panel is pleased to announce the launch of the WCRP Africa Newsletter. The first issue is dedicated to short notes from the fellows of the fellowship scheme of the DFID-Met Office Climate Science Research Partnership (CSRP) for Africa.
Download here the WCRP Africa Newsletter - November 2012
The Newsletter will be produced quarterly and we welcome articles from individual scientists to
share their own work as well as collections of articles from research groups or projects that wish to share with the community their activities. Please email the International CLIVAR Project Office (email@example.com) if you are interested or would like more information.
- Innovative Application of ICTs in Addressing Water-related Impacts of Climate Change (ICTWCC) Project call for proposals open: The ICTWCC project is funded by the IDRC and managed by the University of Nairobi. The deadline for receiving proposals from applicants has been extended to the 30th of November 2012. Details about the project can be accessed on the project website: www.ictwcc.or.ke. The project coordinator is Anuradha Khoda who can help address any further queries.
- Climate and Impact Modeling for Eastern Africa: Climate, Water, Agriculture, and Health - 14 October - 30 November 2013, Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
- Capacity Building Workshop on Modeling of Regional Climate and Air Quality for West Africa (one week, 2012 dates and venue to be decided)
- Climate Change Development and Adaptation (CCDA2) Conference - 19-20 October 2012, Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
- 4th AMMA International Conference - 2-6 July 2012, Meteo France, Toulouse, France
- 5th Session of VACS - 21-23 November 2011, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa.
- South African Society for Atmospheric Sciences (SASAS) 2011 Conference - 22-23 September 2011, Broederstroom, South Africa
- CCAFS Science Workshop - 10‐11 June 2011, Bonn, Germany