International Symposium on Mesoscale and Sub-mesoscale Processes in the Hydrosphere and the Atmosphere (MSP - 2018)
The Symposium dedicated to the 90th anniversary of Corresponding member of the USSR Academy of Sciences K.N. Fedorov will be held on 30 October - 2 November, 2018 in Moscow at Shirshov Institute of Oceanology RAS.
- Shirshov Institute of Oceanology, Russian Academy of Sciences (with the assistance of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research);
- S.Yu. Witte Moscow University
The basic scientific and technical directions of the Symposium:
- Physical and dynamic mesoscale and sub-mesoscale processes and phenomena in the hydrosphere and atmosphere;
- Hydrosphere and atmosphere interaction: the role of mesoscale processes;
- Investigation of mesoscale and sub-mesoscale processes in the hydrosphere and atmosphere by remote sensing methods;
- Numerical and laboratory modeling of mesoscale and sub-mesoscale processes and phenomena in the hydrosphere and atmosphere;
- Operational oceanography and information technologies;
- Instruments and methods for studying the hydrosphere and atmosphere.
- June 14, 2018 – start of registration for the Symposium;
- August 1, 2018 deadline for registration and submission of abstracts;
- September 20, 2018 sending invitations;
- October 10, 2018 publication of the Symposium abstracts and program;
- 30 October - 2 November, 2018 holding the Symposium;
- November 2, 2018 deadline for submission of selected articles for publication in the Journal of Oceanological Researchhttps://jor.ocean.ru/index.php/jor;
Conditions of participation in the Symposium
- To participate in the Symposium you should register on the Symposium website http://msp.ocean.ru/index.php
- The registration fee is not required. The financial support for participants is not provided.
- The official languages of the Symposium are Russian and English.
The abstracts can be submitted online via the Symposium website, or by e-mail: email@example.com The submitted material should be supplemented by expert evaluation and registration form.
The rules for the submission of abstracts and registration form are posted on the website.
The on-line registration is also available on the website of the Symposium http://msp.ocean.ru/index.php.
The report form is oral or poster. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to determine the form of the report. The materials of the reports will be published in the "Proceedings of the Symposium" (with the subsequent inclusion in the RSCI database with the assignment of DOI).
Address and contacts:
36, Nahimovskiy prospekt, Moscow, Russia, 117997, P.P. Shirshov Institute of Oceanology
The Organizing Committee of the Symposium:
Phone: +7 (495) 719-00-35