CLIVAR TBI RF held its monthly teleconference
The CLIVAR Tropical Basin Interaction RF held its monthly teleconference on 24th September, chaired by Ingo Richter and Noel Keenlyside, and with the participation of Fred Kucharski, Chunzai Wang, Yuko Okumura, Belen Rodriguez-Fonseca, Hiroki Tokinaga, Xichen Li, Ping Chang, Regina Rodriguez, Andrea Taschetto, Miriam Pfeiffer, and Jose Santos from the ICPO.
Main points of the teleconference discussed were:
- Opening: Ingo opened the session and welcomed all members.
- Jose, gave a brief overview of the status of the Regional Focal Points and the Light House Activities, initiatives being carried over by the WCRP as part of its implementation Plan
- Yuko gave a presentation on how we can use paleoclimate proxy records to advance our understanding of TBI, some points to be considered a s a way forward:
- Obtain more proxies from tropical oceans (particularly from the Atlantic)
- Understand climate processes affecting various proxy records
- Develop robust methods for climate mode reconstruction using pseudoproxies
- The group discussed about how to proceed with the proposed Workshop to discuss on the GCM experiments that the group would encourage and other follow up activities, the consensus is that it should be held in online in February of 2021.
- The group will continue with its plan to hold a telecon about once a month, the next one schedule for some time in October (To be determine by a doodle pool)