6th Argo Science Workshop calls for abstracts and registration
The 6th Argo Science Workshop (ASW-6) will be organised on 22-24 October 2018 at Hitotsubashi Hall, Tokyo, Japan. It is now calling for abstracts and registration (https://www.jamstec.go.jp/e/form/asw6/).
The deadline for abstract submission is 31 August, 2018 ← 6 August 2018.
The deadline for registration is 30 September, 2018 ←15 September 2018
ASW-6 is organized to prepare for Oceanbs’19 by providing an opportunity to share ideas presented in the Argo White Paper among the Argo community and to connect them to other observing networks and user communities including research/operational and other application areas. Particular objectives include:
- to share past/recent scientific and operational achievements of Argo
- to review history/development/justification/previous technology advances of Argo
- to acknowledge present status, problems to be overcome and strengths of Argo
- to discuss the future of Argo: plans for evolution and growth; anticipated technology advances
- to seek end user engagement, based on the link with operational oceanography and including connections to OceanObs’19 conference themes: e.g. climate variability and change, ecosystem health, etc.
- to consider integration with other observing system elements such as satellites, repeat hydrography, moorings, gliders, ship of opportunities, etc.
For more information, please visit: http://www.jamstec.go.jp/e/pr/event/asw6/