CFMIP/WCRP/ICTP Conference on Cloud Processes, Circulation and Climate Sensitivity
The CFMIP/WCRP/ICTP Conference on Cloud Processes, Circulation and Climate Sensitivity will be held 4-7 July 2016 at the International Center for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy. This CFMIP/WCRP/ICTP international conference will focus on the theme of the WCRP Grand Challenge on Clouds, Circulation and Climate Sensitivity, in addition to addressing other ongoing CFMIP activities.
The four-day conference will contain oral and poster sessions on:
- Modeling and observational constraints on cloud feedbacks, adjustments and climate sensitivity, including the role of moist convection in cloud feedbacks
- Cloud/circulation/precipitation coupling and its variability in present and future climates, including hydrological extremes and ITCZ and storm track changes.
- Process based evaluation of clouds and cloud controlling factors in climate models using fine scale models and observations, including satellite simulators.
- How will the organization of cloud systems interact with climate change?
- Coordination of CFMIP and Grand Challenge activities with CMIP6.
The deadline for abstract submissions is April 15, 2016.
For more information, please visit the conference site at: