1. To oversee and facilitate the implementation of CLIVAR in the Pacific sector in order to meet the objectives outlined in the Science and Initial Implementation Plans particularly with respect to:
And also on Pacific impacts on:
2. To develop broadscale atmospheric sampling plans and processes studies to complement the oceanic observations planned for the Pacific and as an integral component of the strategy to improve atmospheric and coupled models. To work with agencies and nations to sustain broadscale atmospheric sampling in the Pacific.
3. To coordinate the activities of the Pacific nations, facilitating cooperative efforts and coordinating work within the boundaries of the various nations as well as outside those boundaries. To provide a forum for exchange and discussion of national plans in the Pacific.
4. To organize and conduct workshops that will entrain oceanographers, atmospheric scientists, and other investigators from the Pacific nations, that will lead to formulation of plans for broadscale sampling and for sampling locations of high interest (such as boundary currents), and will coordinate not only the field activities but also the modeling, empirical, and paleo studies in the Pacific.
5. To collaborate with WCRP WG on Coupled Modeling, the CLIVAR WG on Seasonal-Interannual Prediction and the WG on Ocean Model Development in order to design appropriate numerical experiments. To be aware of the requirements of these groups for data sets needed to validate models.
6. To liaise with the Ocean Observation Panel for Climate (OOPC), with the Joint Commission for Oceanography and Marine Meteorology (JCOMM), with the Atmospheric Observations Panel for Climate (AOPC), and other relevant groups to ensure that CLIVAR benefits from and contributes to observations in GOOS and GCOS
7. To advise the CLIVAR SSG of progress and obstacles toward successful implementation of CLIVAR in the Pacific.
There are currently no news items for this section.
|Pacific Region Panel Achievements and Future plans|
|Report of the CLIVAR Indonesian Throughflow Task Team|
|Report of the 6th session of the Pacific Panel|
|Report of the International ENSO Workshop: El Nino and Climate Change|
|Report of the 4th meeting of the CLIVAR Pacific Panel|
|Agus Santoso||Member||2017||University of New South Wales||Australia|
|Ken Takahashi||Member||2017||Instituto Geofisco del Peru||Peru|
|Awnesh Singh||Member||2017||University of the South Pacific||Fiji|
|Wolfgang Schneider||Member||2017||Universidad de Concepcion||Chile|
|Kim Cobb||Member||2016||Georgia Institute of Technology||USA|
|Xiaopei Lin||Member||2016||Ocean University of China||China|
|Michael McPhaden||Ex officio||NOAA/PMEL||USA|