CLIVAR/CCl/JCOMM/GEWEX Expert Team on Climate Change Detection and Indices (ETCCDI)
The joint CCl/CLIVAR/JCOMM Expert Team (ET) on Climate Change Detection and Indices (ETCCDI) has a mandate to address the need for the objective measurement and characterization of climate variability and change by providing international coordination and helping organizing collaboration on climate change detection and indices relevant to climate change detection, and by encouraging the comparison of modeled data and observations.
Terms of Reference
1. Provide international coordination and help organise collaboration on climate change detection and indices relevant to climate change detection.
2. Further develop and publicise indices and indicators of climate variability and change from the surface and sub-surface ocean to the stratosphere.
3. Encourage the comparison of modelled data and observations perhaps via the development of indices appropriate for both sources of information.
4. Coordinate these and other relevant activities the ET chooses to engage in (such as perhaps observing system experiments that help determine where observations are needed for climate change detection) with other appropriate agencies such as GCOS, CBS, CIMO, CAgM, CHy, IPCC, and START, as well with the joint WCRP JSC/CLIVAR Working Group on Coupled Modelling, the WCRP Observations and Assimilation Panel, and regional associations.
5. Explore, document and make recommendations for addressing the needs for capacity building in each region, pertinent to this topic.
6. Submit reports in accordance with timetables established by the OPAG chair and/or Management Group.
Publications and Documents
ETCCDI Panel Members
|Xuebin Zhang||Co-Chair||2014||Climate Research Division||Canada|
|Albert Klein-Tank||Co-Chair||2014||KNMI||The Netherlands|
|Panmao Zhai||Member||2014||China Meteorological Administration||China|
|Gabriele Hegerl||Member||2014||University of Edinburgh||UK|
|Lisa Alexander||Member||2014||University of New South Wales||Australia|
|Francis Zwiers||Member||2014||Climate Research Division||Canada|
|Kevin Horsburgh||Member||2014||National Oceanography Centre||UK|
|Xiaolan Wang||Member||2014||Canadian Weather Service||Canada|
|Matilde Rusticucci||Member||2014||University of Buenos Aires||Argentina|
|Blair Trewin||Member||2014||Bureau of Meteorology||Australia|