Call for nominations for six WCRP expert panels
In the context of WCRP's new Strategy and Implementation Plan currently being developed, the programme is inviting (self-)nominations for membership in the following six of its expert panels:
- Data Advisory Council (WDAC)
- Modeling Advisory Council (WMAC)
- Working Group on Coupled Modeling (WGCM)
- Working Group on Subseasonal to Interdecadal Prediction (WGSIP)
- Working Group on Numerical Experimentation (WGNE, joint with WMO CAS)
- CORDEX Science Advisory Team (CORDEX-SAT)
In each of these six groups, (self-)nominations from highly enthusiastic and dedicated experts are welcome for a four-year term from January 2019 to December 2022. Nominations should be submitted via the corresponding online nomination form by 30 May 2018.
Among all applications received, the currently serving co-chairs of each respective group will propose new members for final approval by the Joint Scientific Committee (JSC) of WCRP later in summer this year. The membership of those groups aim to include a balanced representation of relevant expertise with due consideration of geographical and gender balance. As many nominations are expected, the WCRP Secretariat will only contact those candidates finally selected by the JSC.