Workshop on Sub-seasonal to Seasonal Predictability of Monsoons
The workshop will provide a forum for researchers and forecasters to discuss recent advances and current issues covering the sub-seasonal to seasonal prediction of monsoons. The workshop will shed light on the sub-seasonal to seasonal prediction of monsoons, with an emphasis on lead times of 2 to 4 weeks on the following themes.
- (a) Prediction of the onset and cessation of the monsoon
- (b) Prediction of high-impact weather events and dry and wet spells during the monsoon season
- (c) Use of coupled ocean-atmosphere models for monsoon prediction
- (d) Statistical prediction of the monsoons
- (e) Prediction of monsoon impacts at local scale for applications