Fourth International Workshop on the Advances in the Use of Historical Marine Climate Data
The Fourth International Workshop on the Advances in the Use of Historical Marine Climate Data (MARCDAT-IV) will be held at the National Oceanography Centre, Southampton, UK between the 18th and 22nd July 2016. The workshop will be arranged around the following themes:
- Data homogenization (benchmarking, bias adjustments, step change analysis, metadata)
- Quantification and estimation of uncertainty
- Data management, recovery and reprocessing (digitisation efforts and reprocessing of previously digitised data)
- Reconstructing past climates
- Integrating In-situ / satellite data sources
- Consistency of the climate across domain boundaries (land, ocean, surface, subsurface, atmosphere)
- The role of ICOADS and applications of marine climate data
- Review of the 10-year action plan
This workshop is free to attend but participants must be registered.
Abstract submission deadline: 8th April 2016
Registration closes: 31st May 2016
We have negotiated a special rate at the Jurys Inn Southampton for delegates attending the conference of £78.00 including Bed, Breakfast and VAT.
An Allocation of rooms will be held for this conference until 17th June 2016, this special rate will be available for rooms booked between 16th - 23rd July 2016.
To make your reservation go to the Jurys inns website – jurysinns.com & enter the block name JIMARC160716 complete all required details and you will receive confirmation of your room, please note you will be required to confirm method of payment etc at this point.
A list of alternative hotels in or near Southampton can be found via the link at the top of the page. click here to register