17th Session of CLIVAR Atlantic Region Panel
The 17th Session of CLIVAR Atlantic Region Panel (ARP) will be organised on 13 April 2019, immediately following the 2019 General Assembly of the European Geosciences Union (EGU).
Austria Trend Hotel Lassalle
Address: Engerthstraße 173-175, Vienna, Austria, 1020
During this new session of the Panel we plan to discuss the following items:
1) Progresses made on the “Action items” we defined during the last Panel meeting (February 2018: see Meeting report and annual ARP report both available at the ARP CLIVAR web page (ARP Responsible for each items):
2) Discussion on the TAOS Review 1st draft report that will be submitted to ARP and the national agencies by end of March 2019 for input and comments (Sabrina & Walter);
3) Progresses on the work planned together with the CLIVAR Climate Dynamics Panel (CDP) we will discuss the availability and possible common work on the new Hi-Res atmospheric simulations (AMIP type) and Hi-Res CMIP simulations (PIs involved).
4) Final results and benefits of the H2020 EU project AtlantOS and its legacy (Sabrina, NOAA representative, others?)
5) EUREC4A/EUREC4A-OA/ATOMIC project: status, input from ARP, suggestions, and ideas for complementary scientific involvement? (Sabrina, Walter, NOAA and US CLIVAR representatives)
6) Status on the SAMOC international initiative (Maria Paz)
7) Organization of a short course (CLIVAR/FIO/ITCP) on meso- and submesoscale ocean dynamics and their relationship with the atmosphere (and possibly marine ecosystems) (Walter, Jing)
Several rooms have been blocked for you during April 12 (check-in) to April 14 (check out), at the rate of EUR 110 DSU / per night, which is net to hotel and with breakfast and currently applicable VAT. Please kindly book your room via the online system https://mondial.eventsair.com/egu2019/hotel/Site/Register no later than 25 January 2019. For any issue related to hotel booking, please contact the Daniela Bierbaum (firstname.lastname@example.org) from the hotel.