14th Session of CLIVAR Pacific Region Panel
The meeting will take place at Victoria Convention Center, in Victoria, Canada.
Address: 720 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC V8W 3M7, Canada
- Oct. 19 (Saturday): CLIVAR Pacific Region Panel Meeting - Colwood (level 2)
- Oct. 20 (Sunday): CLIVAR PRP/PICES WG-40 Joint Workshop on Climate and Ecosystem Predictability in the Pacific - Oak Bay-2 (level 1)
Oct. 19 (Saturday): CLIVAR Pacific Region Panel Meeting (Venue: Colwood on level 2)
1. Status of Tropical Pacific Decadal Variability paper, which should be very close to completion or submitted by then, and possible steps forward on that topic undertaken by the panel.
2. Integration of low-latitude western boundary current and maritime continent observations into a unified multi-platform observing system.
3. Discussion on ENSO conceptual models.
4. ENSO metrics: Status and next steps.
5. Way forward in exchanging with TPOS2020.
6. Possible panel activities including marine biogeochemistry.
7. Discussion of possible PRP interactions with Southern Ocean and Arctic Panels as recommended by the SSG.
8. Additional discussion items by panel members.
Oct. 20 (Sunday): CLIVAR PRP/PICES WG-40 Joint Workshop on Climate and Ecosystem Predictability in the Pacific (Venue: Oak Bay-2 on level 1)
The workshop is to explore ways in which climate knowledge can be used to understand ecosystem dynamics and inform fisheries and other ecosystem services.
|Matthieu Lengaigne||LOCEAN||France||PRP Co-chair|
|Antonietta Capotondi||University of Colorado||USA||PRP Co-chair|
|Xiaopei Lin||Ocean University of China||China||PRP Member|
|Janet Sprintall||Scripps Institution of Oceanography||USA||PRP Member|
|Xuebin Zhang||CSIRO||Australia||PRP Member|
|Jerome Vialard||LOCEAN||France||PRP Member|
|Yu Kosaka||The University of Tokyo||Japan||PRP Member|
|Yukiko Imada||Meteorological Research Institute, Japan Meteorological Agency||Japan||PRP Member|
|Samantha Stevenson||University of California at Santa Barbara||USA||PRP Member|
|Andrew Wittenberg||NOAA GFDL||USA||PRP Member|
|Michael McPhaden (TBC)||Chair / Tropical Moored Buoy Implementation Panel||USA||PRP Ex-officio|
|Jing Li (TBC)||International CLIVAR Project Office (ICPO)||China||ICPO Staff|
There are several hotels that are offfering special rate for the 2019 PICES Annual Meeting, for more details please refer to https://meetings.pices.int/meetings/annual/2019/pices/accommodation
Participants who are going to participate both the PRP meeting and PRP-PICES WG40 joint workshop need to register for the 2019 PICES annual meeting via https://meetings.pices.int/meetings/annual/2019/pices/registration